Friday 4 October 2013

Union Square Autumn Fashion Fix


Last weekend myself and some of the NEBE girlies were invited for a day of fun and pampering at Union Square's (one of my local shopping centres) 'Autumn Fashion Fix'. Those who know me well will know morning is not in my vocabulary, however I rocked up at 10:30am precisely (I'm really beginning to get this time thing down y'know) ready for the day ahead!

We started our day at Juice Master with some fuel for the day and while most people opted for smoothies, I decided to be the odd one out and picked 'Dr Juice' a mix of beetroot, ginger, lemon, celery, carrot and apple. Which by the way was absolutely delicious and just what I needed after I skipped breakfast in favour of spending some crucial one on one time with my eyebrow pencil - don't act like you haven't been there.

After the much needed energy boost we got challenged to style each other in some of this seasons hottest trends with clothes from high street brands including Zara, River Island and New Look. Unsure how best to go about it we split ourselves into twos and acted as personal stylists for the other!

(pinched from Rachel)

I was paired with Amey and decided to dress her in a gold statement necklace from Accessorize and a lovely floral shirt from Zara playing up to the feminine trend. While Amey chose a spangly silver dress for me (can't remember where from - oops)!


After the dress up fun was over and a suitable amount of photos were taken we headed downstairs for a live demonstration from a Saks hairstylist on how to add more va va voom to your hair. Though the stylist effortlessly added volume to the model's hair it seemed like one of those situations where you go home and try to recreate the look and consequently can't leave the house for a week due to the self inflicted damage you've caused to your beloved barnet.


Shortly after the hair demonstration we were treated to a live catwalk featuring some of these season's hottest trends from shops within the Union Square shopping centre including; New Look, Zara, Topshop, House of Fraser and Superdry. I was surprised by some items from Cath Kidston and Fat Face, but ultimately it was items from Zara and Topshop that won me over.



After the morning's activities it was fair to say we were pretty damn hungry and we practically sprinted up the escalators to Zizzi's to grab some lunch. When I say that Zizzi's laid on a massive feast this is by no means an exaggeration. We begun with a variety of meats and vegetarian friendly platters before moving on to SIX huge assorted pizzas.



(so many pizzas I couldn't fit them all in one photo!)

Unfortunately after this I had to jet off to work so didn't get to join the girls for their back massages at Pure Spa or their make overs at Boots *weeps*. Despite this the Wire PR girls really couldn't have put on a better day and it was great to see everyone again!

Have you been to any great events recently? Do your local shopping centres put on fashion events? Let me know!
bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig