Sunday 11 August 2013

Quote of the Week #8: Confidence is key

make yourself proud quote
We come into this world with an inbuilt desire to impress and please other people. From that boy in the sandpit at nursery right up until your boss in your first big girl job. There is always somebody you want to acknowledge your greatness because otherwise what's the point right? Wrong.

While there's no denying it's great to be commended when you've done well, it feels ten times better when you are happy with what you've done first. The truth is if you're constantly waiting for the approval of others then you're never going to get anything done. Or if you do it's going to go a lot slower than it would have done if you'd just dived in in the first place. This is something I've struggled with throughout school, university and also on my blog and I'm sure that I'm not alone in this lapse of confidence.

In the past I've felt well if no one says it's good how can it actually be good? Or if no one comments on my blog posts does that mean that nobody likes what I write? However when I take a moment to sit back and reflect I realise that I must be doing something right.

 I wanted to do well at school so that I could get into uni, and I want to do well at uni so I can pass each year (and hopefully graduate with a good degree!). As for blogging, well I'd like to think of it as a way for me to express myself and improve my writing and looking back at my first posts I honestly feel I've come a long way.

What I'm trying to say is, while inevitably we're always going to want affirmation of our skills etc (we're only human after all), it's important to remember to also work to please yourself because when you wholeheartedly throw yourself into your work, it speaks for itself. 

What about you guys? What do you do to pick yourself up when you feel this way? Let me know!


All of the pictures used for my 'Quote of the Week' posts can be found on my Words to Live by
 and my Inspiration Pinterest boards.
bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig