Friday 16 August 2013

Bistro Verde


Bistro Verde is one of my favourite 'treat yourself' places to go of an evening. One - because the Sticky Toffee Pudding is to die for and two - I have a friend who works there so I get the added joy of terrorizing her while she rushes about trying to do her job.
On this occasion my sister had just got back from Australia, and when I say just got back I literally mean an hour before we went for dinner she landed in Aberdeen. Teamed with my less than punctual friend Maya we eventually arrived at Bistro Verde and set to work ordering our dinner.



I'm indecisive at the best of times, but on this particular occasion I took no less than twenty minutes to eventually decide what I wanted - only to be told I couldn't have it. Oh the heartbreak! Eventually, I settled for a steak which I felt was a bit of a cop out on my part as Bistro Verde is renowned for being one of the best seafood restaurants in Aberdeen. 

While I opted for a main my sister and Maya both shared starters of crab tarts and cheese croquettes and skipped main courses so they would have room for dessert - lightweights. 



Something I've come to love about Bistro Verde is how intimate it feels. It can be packed with people yet you feel like you're the only table in there, making it the perfect place for a catch up with friends! While we waited for our orders to arrive Maya and I were filled in on my sister's Australia adventures and in turn shared adventures of our own, which turned out to be almost as exciting!


There is nothing worse than an over cooked steak, I have a friend who will only eat her steak bleu and if it isn't practically still breathing she won't eat it. I ordered my steak medium rare (the best and only way to have it) and it came cooked to perfection with fried mushrooms, a fried tomato and some chunky cut homemade chips. Though the price of the food is pretty high the portions are very filling and it's a miracle I had room for dessert.

The truth is I was stuffed, to the point where I actually didn't manage to finish my main. But my sister was getting one and I knew I wouldn't be able to sit back and watch her eat it without getting jealous. After about 10 seconds thought I made a last minute order for a Sticky Toffee Pudding and though the walk home was decidedly uncomfortable - it was so worth it.


One of the downsides to blogging when you're a little piggy like me is the food has a tendency to mysteriously disappear before you get a chance to take a good photo. If you have the chance to visit Aberdeen I highly recommend a trip to Bistro Verde and if you're super indecisive like me don't hesitate to ask the staff for their input, they're very helpful!

Psst... during the meal my sister gave me some amazing presents that she brought back from her travels, but she gave them to me on the condition I didn't blog about them yet as she'd got another friend something similar. I'm so excited about them though so expect an outfit post in the near future!

What are your favourite restaurants in your city/town?
bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig