Thursday 4 July 2013

An Open Letter to Cosmetics Companies

pink typewriter
Image from weheartit

I love make up as much as the next girl, I really do, I am a total girly girl. From getting dolled up for a special occasion to spending the majority of your wages on new products - I get it. But one thing that bugs me, and undoubtedly many others, is the lack of range for girls like myself, with dark skin.

Now I'm not saying it's just  limited to girls with dark skin, because I know it isn't. Pale girls, Asian girls, basically anyone who isn't of the average UK skin colour will know exactly what I'm talking about, but I can only speak from my own experiences.

While there are a few cosmetic companies who cater for a wide range of skin tones many brands, especially but not limited to high street brands, offer the bare minimum of a few or not even any dark foundations.

Growing up when all my friends would be experimenting with make-up here was me with my one shade of foundation that was far too light for my skin and it was incredibly frustrating, and it still is. In fact for the majority of the past five years I just haven't bothered with foundation because it's just so much of a hassle to find something that suits me.

 Even at the Sara Hill Blogger Event, Sara voiced how difficult it would be for me to find something that was close to my skin tone and in fact she suggested buying make-up from Laura Mercier - A brand I've never tried!

While it's great that I don't feel the need to put on foundation before I leave the house, I do wonder - why is it that companies don't expand their ranges? And it's not just foundations that are the problem either. 

My friends rave about Benefit and I've used their products on my friends so I know they're worth the hype but I find the blushers, powders, highlighters and foundations are simply too light for my skin.

So companies this is my message to you, we love you but please make more products we can wear!

bloglovin' | facebook pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig