Tuesday 5 February 2013

The Perfect Little Black Dress

Black wrap dress

So last weekend I was having a little nosy on Rosie's blog and couldn't help but admire her dress collection. And it got me to thinking... I don't have a LBD. I mean yes I have one or two in my wardrobe, but certainly none that are go to, failsafe dresses. How can I go through uni without such a crucial item I thought to myself as I checked the dismal state of affairs that was my bank balance. Surely such an item would be an investment... right?


 It didn't take much convincing and moments later I had purchased the above beauty from ASOS. It arrived through the door a few days later in time for the weekend, and it was just what I hoped for - well fitted and just the right length. But then I thought to myself... why have one when I could have many?

So lovely readers, I have put together a list of my favourite Little Black Dresses for every occasion all available from the ASOS website!

For a night on the town:

black plunge dress

With a plunging neckline you really can't go wrong. Invest in some fashion tape though to save any awkward wardrobe malfunctions, that after a couple of drinks, are bound to happen!

For a formal occasion:

pussybow shirt

This monochrome dress is bang on trend this season and the coverage means it's perfect for those occasions which require a little smarter attire.

For those warmer nights:

eyelet dress

I absolutely love this dress, I think it's so cute. In this weather however, I'd think twice about stepping out in this number with so much flesh on show! Either pair with some heavy duty tights and a thick jacket and power through OR wait 'til it's a little warmer and give this show stopper the attention it deserves.

For the first date:

cross back black dress

This is literally the perfect date dress. The length screams class, the straps add a hint of casual and the leg slit indicates just the right amount of sex appeal and practicality. At £25 (Or £22.50 with student discount *hehe*) this is a complete steal and I'm already mentally planning how to accessorise this!

For a crowded room:

mesh panel black dress

With it's top to bottom mesh panels this dress is about as daring as they come. This dress leaves no room for lumps and bumps (or underwear for that matter!) but if you manage to pull it off - you will be the centre of attention!

For the day time:

knitted black dress

This lovely little number is knitted which is great for wearing during the day time in winter. Just look how cute it is! How can you not love it?

So there you have it! What about you guys? Which is your favourite dress? Do you already own the perfect LBD? Let me know!

*This post is not endorsed by ASOS in any way I just think they have a great collection of dresses at the moment!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig