Wednesday 13 February 2013

The Grinch Who Stole Valentine's Day


Around this time of year women across the globe are counting down the hours whilst men everywhere are frantically making last minute preparations for the dreaded occasion that is Valentine's Day.

It's not that I don't believe in romance, or even that I dislike exchanging gifts, I mean come on who doesn't like a little present every now and again. But it's one of those things that has been completely blown out of proportion. If you're in a relationship it seems there is an obligation to do something special with your loved one and if you're single you're drowned with pity and matched up with any stranger your friends can find on short notice. Then there's the matter of dating - are you at that stage yet? Should you do something? Does she expect it? Does he want to?

In my opinion if you love someone you should share it with them everyday and give little gifts and surprises when you feel like it, not under the scrutiny of your peers and businesses trying to exploit you for every last penny.

With this in mind I have compiled a list of some of the worst Valentine's Day presents around.

The Twosie


Created by Asda especially for this joyous occasion. Honestly? I think my eyes are bleeding. This is the most hideous thing ever! What's wrong with curling up in a good old fashion blanket? They say love knows no bounds, but in this case there definitely needs to be some lines drawn.

The Smitten


Ditto.

'I'm Yours' Vajazzle Kit


Because nothing says I love you quite like a rhinestone encrusted crotch... *sigh*. Or...

Cheap Perfume

I'm actually cringing just looking at these, but on a website who's Valentine's slogan is 'more bang for your buck' I can't say I'm surprised.

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig