Monday 14 January 2013

Amsterdam Adventure: Part One


Last year my sister suggested to me and some mutual friends that we do something different for New Year's Eve, and what better way to do that than by going abroad? We were initially set on Berlin, but it worked out a lot cheaper to go to Amsterdam which we hoped would be just as fun. I had high hopes foe the trip but nothing could of topped the experience I actually had. I went with some great people, made some new friends and got to experience Amsterdam - if only for a few days.


The night before we left for Amsterdam we all headed to London and stayed at a nice little hostel called Clink 78 which I highly recommend to those of you looking for cheap short term accommodation in London! A family friend of me and my sister's was playing a gig at The Langham Hotel on Regent Street so we all decided to go along to that.

Let me tell you the Langham Hotel is beautiful and lives up to every one of it's five stars. After being greeted with champagne at our reserved table we sat in awe soaking in the atmosphere and of course the jazz which was the whole reason we went in the first place!




Later that night we went on to a pub for a couple of drinks before heading to Nottinghill Arts Club for a boogie! We got back to the hostel pretty late but stayed downstairs in the bar having drinks and playing pool 'til three which seemed like a great idea at the time but certainly not the next morning...

Stay tuned for part two to find out why!

SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig