Wednesday 29 August 2012

Welcome to Effy Talks Life

Hello, and welcome to Effy Talks Life!

I'm so excited to finally get started so I thought to get things going I'd give you a quick recap of my summer so far:

Uni





I finished (and passed!) my first year at uni - woohoo! I made some great new friends, did some partying and of course a bit of studying too.

Visiting home




It was really nice to see everyone again, especially as I hadn't seen some friends from home in over six months. We drank a lot (probably too much) and reminisced about the good old days. 

I went to Beach Break Live








Beach Break Live is an amazing student music festival set in Wales set on across the beautiful setting of a beach and a forest. It rained practically the entire time apart from our last day.  My friend Becky and I shared a four man tent between us and my sister and her friend Lilly had a three man tent each. Unfortunately, by the second day, their cheap little tents had given up so we all ended up sharing together. It was tight squeeze but hey, that's what friends are for - right?

The train journey back was a nightmare and nobody had any money left on the last day, but all-in-all it was a great time and I can't wait to go back next year.

I've had a great summer so far and I'm heading off to Bestival next week so even more to look forward to. I can't wait to go back to Aberdeen and move into my new flat and see everyone again. As weird as it sounds I miss uni too. 

I've had a five month break and can't wait to get my head back in the game. I'm studying some really interesting sounding modules this year (Documentary Discourse and Practice I am talking about you!) so hopefully it will be a good semester.

What about you guys? What have been the highlights of your summer and when do your holidays end?




SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig