Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Body Shop Christmas Blogger Event

The Body Shop product range
I am a self confessed The Body Shop fan and it is rare that you'll ever find me without at least one of their products in my handbag. So when the lovely folks over at The Body Shop invited me to their Aberdeen store to find out more about their new Christmas products I happily accepted.

Unlike many of the other blogger events I have attended, The Body Shop Christmas event was an all day affair, which meant we could pop in to the store for the duration of the day when we pleased to suit our varying schedules. This was great for me as my all consuming fourth year schedule (#dissertationproblems) makes it incredibly difficult to fit things in, but it would have been nice to bump into some friendly faces too.

On arrival a lovely shop assistant directed me to the new products I'd been hearing so much about.

An advent calendar stuffed with all the treats you could ever wish for -

The Body Shop Christmas Advent Calendar


A huge range of products featuring the new Christmas edition scents Glazed Apple, Vanilla Brulee and Cranberry Joy -

The Body Shop Christmas range
The Body Shop Cranberry Joy Body Butter
Those all important gift sets -

The Body Shop Christmas gift sets
And some products for the men too -

The Body Shop product range for men

The Body Shop mens range
Something for everyone, which makes the whole gift buying process effortlessly easy.

For the duration of the event the store was running a 'spend £40 get £20 off' promotion and it would have been rude for me not to take advantage. And as an added extra this gave me a chance to get started on one of my November goals and no this isn't classic spendaholic justifying tactics... 

Each Christmas I like to get my close friends a stocking full of little treats, I like it better than buying big presents as you can pick up things throughout the year and in a sense it can be more personal. I'd love to share with you what I got but for fear of the little monsters reading this and finding out I'm afraid I'll just have to keep you guessing.

Before leaving the team were kind enough to give us some treats to take home and having since trialled the Glazed Apple Body Butter I have to say it is divine. While there is a definite hint of apple the smell isn't that strong that you walk in to a room and heads turn for the wrong reason.

The Body Shop free samples

Around Christmas time The Body Shop do loads of money off events, especially if you're part of their 'Love Your Body' loyalty scheme, so if you haven't already I'd recommend signing up to that and keeping your ears out for upcoming events but shhh you didn't hear it from me...

What about you guys? What are your favourite The Body Shop products at the minute? Let me know!
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig