Thursday 19 June 2014

Travel Diaries #2: California Incoming

I've been unusually quiet on my blog over the last couple of weeks, but it is not without good reason. As some of you might of read I was granted a scholarship by The Saltire Foundation and am now over in San Diego, California interning for eight weeks! Between the frantic packing, emotional meltdowns and endless flights I haven't had the time to sit down, never mind blog, but never fear as you, lucky reader, are about to receive a long overdue update.

There are so many things I want to tell you about and having been here less than a week a surprising amount of things have happened already. I'd love to share with you all these moments, my highs and lows, and I'm sure over the weeks I'll get the chance, but for just now I'm going to keep it short and sweet with five of the weirdest/coolest things I've seen since I arrived here bright eyed and bushy tailed (dry eyed and jet lagged) on Saturday evening.

1. A man wheeling past me in his wheelchair, boombox in lap blasting out some ghetto beats
2. A crazy man walking down the middle of the freeway with a sign that read 'I am not crazy'
3. An escalator device for trolleys (Britain take note!)
4. A woman having a meltdown at Target because their iPads were out of stock
5. A man in silver hotpants doing gymnastics in a shopping mall

It's safe to say my time in America so far has been an interesting and eye opening experience. Even as I type I can recall so many other strange things that I've encountered, but those are a whole other story...

What about you guys? Have you been to America? What were the weirdest things that you saw? Let me know!

bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig