Tuesday 8 April 2014

3 Reasons to Love Student Life

3 reasons to love student life

I've recently picked my modules for my last year at uni and it has suddenly hit me that I'm head over heels, heart skipping a beat, weak at the knees in love with student life and am nowhere near ready to give that up. Of course there are downsides to being a student - my flatmate is a classic example of this with her steady diet of pasta for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert - but that's something we're (read I'm) working on changing.

So you ask, why DO you love student life so much?

1. The people

Monsters University student life


Since starting university I've been lucky enough to be surrounded by some absolute characters. Let me set the scene. Last weekend I was at a gig, dancing away then out of the corner of my eye I spotted something rather odd. At first I thought maybe I was a little more intoxicated than I'd initially realised, but no, there he was in broad day/strobe light giving it his all in the middle of the dance floor with an extension cable in hand. 

2. The expectations

student life meme

One of the things I love most about student life is that people don't expect a lot from you and given you'll only have the opportunity once you might as well live up to the stereotype. Supermarket trip in a onesie? Done. Tesco Value Vodka? Beats Belvedere. Turning up to a lecture in a questionable state? Fashion fades, last nights make up is eternal. You get the picture.

3. The life lessons

student life graduation meme

Aside from the obvious lessons to be learnt at uni, student life also enables you to learn a whole host of other life skills. You gain a great sense of time as you're continually counting down the days 'til your next loan payment. Your people skills are second to none after choking down the urge to scream at your team mates during group work and you realise your passion for science after mixing just the right amount of coffee and Red Bull to keep you awake until your coursework deadline.

In all seriousness though, I know I have to grow up at some point and I think when the time comes I'll fully embrace it. But while I can, I fully intend to take advantage of the student life - the partying, the naps, the learning and the questionable experiences. Just a little bit longer...

What about you guys? What do you enjoy/miss most about student life? Let me know!

bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig