Monday 17 June 2013

Cooking for Dummies #3: Homemade Chips


These chips are incredible. So, so simple to make, relatively healthy (depending how heavy handed you are with the olive oil!) and while they're bubbling away in the oven you can get to work on sides or a main to go with them!

Yesterday I was just having one of those days and I as I was walking home from work I passed a grill restaurant and decided that that, that there is what I'm having for dinner and about an hour later I was curled up happily munching away watching Pretty Little Liars.

To make them you'll need:

3 medium potatoes per person or 5 as a meal on their own
salt
pepper
rosemary sprigs (tastes best with the fresh stuff, but can work with dried too)
olive oil

Heat the oven to a high temperature, I never really check but 180 fan or 200 conventional should suffice! While the ovens heating wack in a (preferably) metal tray to heat up, I use tin foil to line the tray but you don't have to!

Next set about cutting your potatoes. When I try and describe this all that comes to mind is 'cut them into chip shapes'. So with a medium/small potato it would go into six pieces or for a large potato nine!

Once you've figured out those terrible instructions get the tray out of the oven, and spread the chippies out evenly and drizzle with olive oil and season well. If you're using sprigs of rosemary break these up and spread over the potatoes or even with the dry stuff just sprinkle it over so most of the chips have some on them!

Leave to bake for 25-30 minutes or until they're beginning to go brown and bubbly (yum!)


I usually tend to serve mine with rare steak and tomato salad but these babies go with pretty much anything, in fact they go down a treat with homemade beef burgers and mayonaise but I'll save that recipe for another time!

What about you guys? What would you eat them with? Let me know!
bloglovin' | facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig