Saturday 31 January 2015

The Wanderlust Tag

My first tag of the year yay! I pinched this from Danielle. I have a habit of never actually getting tagged to do these things and just inviting myself to the party and doing it anyway. If you've been following my travel diary posts you'll know that this kind of thing is right up my alley and if not... well you'll just have to take my word for it.

Where have you travelled to and where would you love to visit again?

Dominican Republic, Spain, Amsterdam, Croatia, America (San Francisco, San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Louis Obispo, Anaheim, New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Grand Canyon, Yosemite) and Mexico. Honestly? I'd go back to them all if given the chance. I'm itching to leave again!

Where was your first plane to?

Dominican Republic on my eighth birthday. I'll never forget the air hostess gave me a free bag of sweeties as a present. She was an angel in my eyes.

You're leaving tomorrow, money is no object, where are you going?

A round the world trip, gotta make the most of this free opportunity y'know. However if it was my money I'd really love to see Bali and some more of America too.

Preferred method of travel: planes, train or car?

While I do enjoy a road trip, theres something about plane trips. They warrant a kind of nervous excitement, you know you're on your way to somewhere incredible. In the car you could just be back home.

Top three travel items?

That's tough! Aside from money probably my camera, a bottle of water and some comfy shoes. I made the mistake of walking the Las Vegas strip in six inch heels and it was not fun.

Favourite travel website?

I like Skyscanner, everything is in one place and it takes a lot of the stress out of booking flights.

Where would you travel to just to eat the food?

I lived in San Diego for 8 weeks last summer and the Mexican food there is just to die for. They also have this amazing seafood restaurant called Crab Hut and I could eat there every day. After our first time there we went back the next day. That stuff is like crack (in that it's addictive, not highly illegal).

Is there a place you would never go again?

I had a pretty traumatic experience in Croatia involving a flooded tent at Unknown Festival. I was pretty mad about it at the time, but I'd still go back. I would definitely be more prepared for temperamental weather though.

Can you recite your passport number from memory if asked?

Haha no! Is that even a thing? Do people do that? Should I do that?!

Do you prefer middle, aisle or window seat?

Window. I'm like a little kid I love watching the clouds and the incredible view as you land. Everything suddenly comes into focus and you're like yes, yes this is where I'm going!

How do you pass the time on a plane?

I am a great napper. If you could get graded in napping I'd have at least an A*. Inflight films are also good fun, but too much screen time and my eyes go fuzzy!

What about you guys? Have you done this tag or are you going to? Let me know in the comments!


bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig