Monday 29 September 2014

The One Secret Every Blogger Needs to Know

We've all been there. It's natural and it's nothing to be ashamed of or feel sorry for, despite the cloud of guilt that hovers over you. 

Blogger's block.

I am no stranger to this and while it's every blogger's nightmare I think a little blog reassessment can never be a bad thing. I still remember the first time I wrote a blog post. After weeks of setting up I'd finally written something and it was out there in the world for everyone else to see. That excitement, the nervous anticipation is why I'll come back to blogging time and time again.

Two years in it isn't that black and white. I started blogging during a summer where I was interning eight hours a week and had more free time than I knew what to do with. Flash forward to the present day I'm in my final year of university I'm volunteering, working and blogging when I get the chance. New bloggers are popping up every day and despite your best efforts you can't help but feel inadequate.There are some people who have mastered the art of scheduling, and I applause you, you guys really deserve medals. But it's not for me. The moment it begins to feel like a chore or a job is the moment it loses the magic and I lose my passion.

So here's the secret you've all been waiting for. If you find yourself in this situation please know it will come back to you. Whether it be a picture or a passing thought, something will inspire you. There is no need to compare yourself to others, because no two blogs are the same. You are unique and so is your blog. You need not apologise and if you just wait you'll find that sparkle is right where you left it. And we'll all be waiting to read it.

What about you guys? How do you deal with it and what advice would you give others? Feeling the bloggers block? Check out my Pinterest board for some inspiration!

bloglovin' | facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig