Thursday 8 May 2014

Film Review: Bad Neighbours

Bad Neighbours film review
Yesterday my last student loan of the semester came in and in true baller style I headed down to my local cinema and splashed out a whole £2 (thank you Orange Wednesdays!) to see Bad Neighbours. There are two types of people who go to see this film - those who go to see it because it looks absolutely hilarious and those who go to see it because the beautiful specimen that is Zac Efron has a lead role. My flatmate was neither of these so I had to use both arguments on her to convince her to come. Her main opposing argument being -  won't it be completely predictable?
Plot 

Bad Neighbours is a comedy that centres around new parents Kelly (Rose Byrne) and Mac (Seth Rogen) who wage war on their new frat house neighbours in an attempt to get them kicked out for good so they can return to their peaceful, albeit boring lives. Heading the frat pack is none other than the beautiful Teddy (Zac Efron) who is determined not to go down without a fight/massive party.

Review

A few minutes in, along with the rest of the cinema, we were in fits of laughter and I was pleasantly surprised that the film was managing to pack in so many laughs. If crude humour makes you cringe then this 100% isn't the film for you. I won't give too much away, but this is one of those films that makes great use of show and tell leaving NOTHING to the imagination. In fact now that I think about it I'm still a little scarred from one of the particularly graphic scenes (you'll know it when you see it). 

There was an element of romance in there too, but not portrayed in the traditional sense. Think less flowers and chocolates, more Seth Rogen's wildly hairy belly taking up a good portion of the cinema screen and that's just a snippet of the action.

Was the plot predictable? To a degree yes, but how original are comedies these days anyway? It made for light watching but not so light that you were bored out of your mind and contemplating awkwardly shuffling past people to leave. Overall I'd give it a 7/10 for the superb range of topless Zac Efron scenes and being a genuinely funny film. It's not often you'll get a laugh out of me in the cinema - however I think a few more twists would have taken it to the next level.

What about you guys? Have you been to see Bad Neighbours yet, and if so what did you think?
 Let me know!

bloglovin' facebook | pinterest instagram
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig